As was expected yesterday afternoon Paul just had to “try out” the play station games. 4 hours later he had deduced that 2 were destined for the bin and 2 were okay. Now the two that are naff are naff because Paul doesn't have the patience to to work out how to play the dam game. I am sure if he sat quietly (thats difficult for him) without swearing as if it is the games fault that he cant move the soldiers or what ever he would get to grips with the concept and achieve something. I have convinced him (by slapping his legs!!!!) that he has to give the games a reprieve and try them once more after all can we afford to waste £3.98.
The old fella has been busy today (I told him, no games of the play station kind until you do your chores) firstly he has put two brass plates on the bow to stop the ropes rubbing the paintwork, our cleats are situated in the wrong place so they will be removed when the boat is repainted. Then he had to rethink the fixing for the bow rope. The ones that we have been using haven't proved too successful, if the boat is run along an armco or lock entrance the things snap off. So now these have been replaced with bolts rubber washers and a couple of links of chain, lets hope that cures the problem. Next job to be done has been the removal of the wooden plugs in the architrave in the bedroom to access the fixing screws, we hope to be able to reuse as much of the original woodwork as we can so all this has been done very delicately.
What have I been doing? Well I did the hoovering, walked the dogs, got the lunch and I feel sooooo tired I may have a nap.

No comments:
Post a Comment