At last we were able to leave Hopwas this morning, journey was quiet until we got to Glascote locks. Of course there was a queue, I went up to help and also to find out what the hold up was and one of the top paddles on the bottom lock is bust, there is a notice on it but when it will be fixed is any bodies guess. So consequently this lock took and age to fill, only up side was there were boats waiting to come down, as well as go up, so no water was wasted.
Coming through Tamworth approaching bridge 67 we were faced with a willow tree that filled the canal in fact we couldn't see the bridge hole at all, luckily there wasn't any thing coming towards us, hate to think what it will be like at this spot when the school holidays start no doubt there will be a few near misses. After reading Maffi's blog about reporting things like this as soon as we moored up I sent an email to BW.
We are now moored at Alvecote marina for the night, as usual when we moor up I took the dogs for a wander, just up from our mooring I spied some steps going down onto a footpath, so being the intrepid explorer that I am I set off. The footpath took me into the woods, it was a well defined path so is obviously used a lot, with lots of nice smells for the dogs to investigate. I had been going for about 15 mins when in front of me appeared a fox, now I don't know who was the more surprised me or the fox. Luckily Crystal didn't see it or I don't think I would have been standing, I would have looked like a cartoon character being dragged behind a careering dog. Fox turned tail and scarpered. Don't think it liked the look of us.
Paul is trying his hand at fishing again, we did pass a huge pike that was floating probably clobbered by something so he knows there are fish about.
Chairs were so comfy last night, although I must admit when you look in the boat you would think you were in an old peoples home. Mmmmmm come to think of it you are!!!!!!!!!!
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Tuesday, 6 July 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment