FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Monday, 30 November 2009

New meaning to "Hot Dog"

Still here at Hillmorton, decided that I would walk up to the PO to collect the post that Jess had sent Saturday, needless to say it hadn't arrived but then she may have sent it after the post had been collected in Sittingbourne so for once I cant blame Royal Mail (can I?).
Wind certainly has a bite and I was frozen by the time I got back to the boat. Crystal gave me a warm welcome so warm in fact she was nearly alight, her wagging tail was hitting the fire and there was a distinct smell of burning fur, Paul swears that her tail was close to bursting into flames but I am not so sure. Stupid dog was oblivious to it all, we have now put the coal scuttle in front of the fire to give her a bit of distance from the heat.
Now have our secondary glazing in the bathroom. Paul has made these so that the units can be removed for ventilation then replaced to stop the condensation I think the cost for all the windows will come in at around £100. Oh he is such a clever bunny, must take a picture so you can see the finished article.
Looks like we will be here for a couple more days then its on to Rugby to get the other sheets of perspex from Wickes for the rest of the windows. Once we get the call from B&Q in Coventry to say the rest of the extrusion is in Paul can get the remaining windows done and we will be nice and cosy and condensation free.
There was a knock on the boat Saturday and it was Ian and Alison on Gosty Hill so we have fuel and coal. Was nice to have a chat and catch up again.

No comments: