It was definitely a good move to moor up round the corner in fact this morning we didn't get up till 8.15.
The weekend has flown by prescriptions have arrived Paul's on Friday and mine on Saturday so will have to go to Rugby now to get them dispensed. Can't say we have done much because we haven't, just taken it easy. I was at a loose end Sunday as Paul was watching a real cruddy film so out came the recipe for "boat cake" this time I used the one given to me by our friends and I must say it was so much better than the one I used before so it looks like Paul will be having some for his pud tonight, with custard of course.
This morning after rising so late we never left Braunston until around 10.30 the sun was out and the wind was relatively light so it was a pleasant cruise. The nearer we got to Hillmorton the greyer it got and the wind was very gusty only saw a couple of boats going in the opposite direction. Moored up just before bridge 72 between an old wooden boat and a boat that is being refitted, had a bit of a problem as the wind was blowing us across the canal I got off okay with the centre rope and then Paul got the stern against the bank so he could jump off to pull the nose back in, was a bit of a struggle but she is now secure and we will be here for a bit as Jess is sending post up.
Internet signal is good but only got GPRS even though we are opposite a mobile phone mast. Well that's it for now must ring Ian on Gosty Hill to find out when they will be this way again. Needless to say while on our journey Paul remembered something he should have bought in Midland Chandlers, oh well that's another job that will have to wait.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Monday, 23 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hello,
You may already know this, but in addition to the Monday, Friday and Saturday markets in Rugby there is a Farmers Market on the last Thursday of the month, 9am-2pm.
The pie stall is well worth a visit and we can thoroughly recommend the HUGE Cornish Pasties stuffed with meat and vegetables, mmm!
We still have a couple in the freezer that I will use on a day when I'm too exhausted to cook.
Post a Comment