Was last night blowy or what? All the time we were watching the TV we couldn't hear the banging at the back it wasn't until we were in bed that we realised just how bad it was. Obviously the wind had changed direction a tad, no longer was it hitting us broadside and keeping us against the bank. it was coming down the canal and hitting the rear quarter knocking us up against the submerged stonework.
I don't know what time Paul got up in the early hours, I thought he was going to have a cigarette but no, the hatch went back the doors opened and then the cover zips zipped, I was getting a bit concerned but he came back shut everything up and got back into bed. Needless to say I didn't let on that i was awake I might have been asked to make tea. After what seemed hours I was just dropping off (snoring was coming from across the boat) when the boat hit the bank with such a force it even woke Paul up. So that was the end of our nights sleep, it was 6.30 by now so cup of tea was in order.
Now Paul wouldn't be Paul if he didn't come up with some contraption to keep us off the bank and here is the picture. A plank of wood just happened to be floating by so he retrieved it and made up a small pontoon and even if I say so myself it works a treat proof will be tonight when the forecast is for more high winds.

I decided to go to Daventry leaving Paul to watch over things here, there is a boat moored up near by and it turned out to be Beccy the boat painters boat so Paul told her he would keep an eye out while she was at work. Have changed the lead and got Lou to remove some unwanted programmes from the notebook. When I got back on board we tried out the lead and it is weird to see everything that is on the laptop also on the TV screen, don't know if we will ever use it but at least we have the option.

1 comment:
I love the pontoon - Paul is a man after my own heart!
Post a Comment