FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Tuesday, 17 November 2009

Quiet day.

Yesterday after we returned from Daventry I asked Paul how long we were going to stay here as we need repeat prescriptions and I wanted to know which PO to use. "we aren't in a hurry to get any where" he says, so off I toddled in the rain to post said prescription requests. This morning he says "shall we move today as the weather is fine" well I could have throttled him. After spitting out my dummy we are still here and will be until the prescriptions arrive.
Had to walk the rubbish and toilet to the sanitary point, as we left the boat met up with a nice couple walking their retriever, they are from nb Moonshadow as yet don't have a blog of their own even though Maffi and now us have told them how easy it is to do. Hope they take the plunge soon.
This afternoon I unearthed a couple of recipe books to get a bit of inspiration fed up with eating the same things all the time. Found a couple that suited the ingredients I had lined up so I thought I would mix the two together and come up with a culinary delight. Of course I had a wise crack from Paul "so we are having casserole again" No, we are having Beef cobbler with a few extra ingredients thrown in. He just can't keep up with my cooking at the moment as on Sunday I made a CAKE. Our friends when they visit always bring what is loving called "Boat Cake" they e mailed me the recipe so as I was bored I thought I would give it a go. Turned out nice even if I do say so myself in fact there is only one slice left. Paul has been having his with custard as a pudding (he also has cornflakes and custard!!!!!) As the beef was simmering on the hob I unearthed another recipe for some oat biscuits and they are now cooling on the side. Trouble is with all this home cooking of sweet stuff it doesn't do your waist line any good.
Paul has just returned from Tradline fenders where he has had to buy another length of rope to make Crystal a new long lead as the old one rotted breaking in a couple of places.

Guess where we have to go in the next few days, that's right Daventry, to the computer shop to change the lead we bought to connect the TV to the laptop should we need a larger screen. The one we were given had the wrong fitting one end. Not Lou's fault as you cant see what is in the packets.
It has been so nice today not rushing around catching buses, still haven't managed to get the jobs done we planned to. Too much talking and not enough doing that's our trouble.
Quite a bit of boat traffic today, seems everyone is taking advantage of the good weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have met up with this couple twice and I have to agree that they were a very nice couple, a blog at least lets others know where you are.