FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Thursday, 5 November 2009

At last!

Well at long last we have moved, of course because we had made the decision it rained. Tuesday we went to Rugby to pick up my new glasses and yippee I can see properly now. We also met up again with Keith and Ann on nb Oakfield and during the afternoon there was a tap on the roof and it was Brian and Diana from nb Harnser it is so nice to put faces to blogs that you read. Wednesday was an easy day (well aren't they all) and as it has been a bit crisp of late it is a good excuse to light the fire early and read my book while Paul watches his old films. It is so nice to be able to stretch out on the new dinette in comfort. Also much to Paul's annoyance I have been on Facebook catching up with family and friends.
As I said we left the mooring this morning around 10, stopping for water on the way, I had caught up with the washing so the tank took an age to fill, with it raining it wasn't a very pleasant wait. A few weeks ago I said to Paul that we really should use our wax coats,we have had them years and they have been in the top box for ages, up until now we have used our pac away anoraks which seem to make you sweat so you are as damp on the inside as the outside, anyway today the wax coats came into their own and certainly kept us nice and dry why we haven't used them sooner I will never know. Was nice to be on the move again although we have travelled this way so many times each season gives you a different perspective of the scenery. We have moored up by bridge 81 there are 4 of us here at the moment but I am sure there will be a few more by the weekend. I think I may go exploring tomorrow as I have found a footpath no doubt it will take me towards the young offenders prison but who knows!
Not many jobs left to do now, when we get to Braunston we have to buy the brass rail for the shelving and one of the sensors has gone on the hob so that had to be sorted, other than that it is just the usual run of the mill jobs like touching up the paintwork etc. Give me time, I am sure I will think of something for Paul to do. Can't have him sitting around all day can I !!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Snooze said...

I always love hearing about your wanderings and especially to hear you talk about Braunston, the town my mum lived in as a kid ... wish I was there now.