Friday saw us in the Tame Otter having a meal, wasn't too impressed but anything that saves me cooking is a bonus. Saturday we caught the bus to Lichfield and had a wander around this nice town. Yet again it was raining but I did manage to get myself a lightweight waterproof coat for when we were travelling it was in a sale so reduced, bargain………
Yesterday afternoon we heard a boat toot and coming alongside was our friends Pete and Carol who we normally see once a year when they venture out on to the canal system from their mooring at Fox’s on the middle level lo and behold behind them was Graham and Rita who also moor at Fox’s. We popped up to see them once they were moored up by the pub had a quick cuppa and arranged to see them all in the pub in the evening.
They had a meal in the Tame Otter and we all went across the road to The Red Lion for a quiet drink. Pete decided we were all going to play”killer” on the dart board. Now, 4 of us are certainly not dart players and after Pete had explained the rules of the game to say we were confused would be an understatement, in fact Paul only grasped the idea of the game when he had been knocked out. To cut a long story short it was ME who won, by sheer luck I hasten to add but I got the kitty which amounted to £3 not too sure what I will spend this princely sum on mind you. We all had such a laugh at our abysmal dart playing, it was a good job there was a wall between us and the rest of the customers because I am sure a few of them would have suffered injuries from low flying darts. By 10pm we were shattered from the laughing and the exertion of the game. It is lovely to meet up with friends albeit once a year so here's to 2013 when we all get together again.
Plenty of boat traffic today taking advantage of a bit of a lull in the weather which is supposed to be improving but we will see…..

4 comments:
Won a game of "Killer". Smacks of a mis-spent youth if you ask me!
You got your coat from Yeomans in the closing down sale I bet. :)
How right you are Ray n Jayne, was nice to have a chat with you today hope it will be a while before I put the coat to use.......
Oh well maybe next year!
Kath
nb.bobcat
Post a Comment