FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Friday, 8 June 2012

At last!!!!!!!

Yesterday we got the news that we have been waiting for…….. the bow thruster was fixed. It packed up ages ago and as we knew we would be going through Atherstone rang Cox Autos to see if they could repair it which they could so that is where the thing has been for the past 2 weeks. Now the delay wasn't all due to Cox’s, the housing had to be welded as there was a crack in it and the company that undertook this job was a tad on the slow side. Any way it is all done now and cost half the price of a new motor with a years guarantee which cant be bad.

004 

There it is in all its glory waiting for Paul to reinstall it.

Today we left the mooring at 8 am and we weren't the first to go down the locks. We did 4 then filled up with water. It has been 3 weeks since our last fill up to say we have been frugal over the last few days would be an understatement. By this time we were very wet and the wind had got up, at lock 6 in front of us was a single hander, or so I thought. As I went to raise the paddles I could see someone on the boat in their pyjamas, now I don't mind helping but when the crew are on board in the warm I get a bit put out. The person in question was at the cratch doors on the phone and when she saw me do the paddles ducked back out of the way. We then proceeded to go slowly so he could do the rest by himself. By this time though there were plenty of boats coming up. At lock 7 we met another single hander coming up, as he left the lock instead of steering away from us to compensate for the wind he just scraped along the side of our boat I was amazed as he had been telling me that he had lived on his boat for 10 years and was a CCer, beggars belief really. Any way we managed 2 more locks then gave it up as a bad job. If the wind has abated in the morning we may continue up to bridge 50 we will just have to wait and see. It is just nice to to be away from Atherstone. I was the first in the shower once we had sorted our selves out at least I smell a bit sweeter now and we got some washing done oh the luxury of a full water tank…….

3 comments:

No Direction said...

I'm always suspicious of single handers, especially if their young, might have 2 or 3 mates sleeping it off inside.

Nev Wells said...

Have to be careful on how you judge, I did the four counties a couple of years ago and Rachel had had a serious op which meant she could not lock or steer she kept a low profile as I single handed but we could have been judged.....

Nev NB Waterlily

nb piston broke said...

Understand your point Nev, it was just they way the woman ducked down when she saw me will give her the benefit of the doubt.