FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Monday, 25 October 2010

Relaxing day yippee

We had a quick visit to the yard this morning, Jeff and Dave had been busy as everything was off the roof, no mushrooms, cleats, top box no anything. The windows were also being removed so things are getting done. The boat certainly looks longer, lets hope ,that once the painting has been done we can keep the roof relatively clutter free.

Paul hopefully can now begin to relax a bit. I think a trip to Coventry is on the cards to the big B & Q to have a look at floor and wall tiles. No ceramic tiles on the floor for us as the original ones cracked across their length and width possibly done when the boat was initially craned into the water, and of course they are cold under foot.

Paul also has a bit of a dilemma, what colour to paint the engine room floor. Should he go for charcoal grey or, and this is the favourite, red oxide. Paul likes this as it reminds him of when he worked deep sea for P & O.

All the skin fitting position were confirmed between Paul Liam and John today and the hole was cut for the replacement mushroom vent in the bedroom.

We don't need to go down again until later in the week just to take some pictures of a nude boat.

This afternoon I trotted off to Tesco with Paul promising me that he would be down in time to help pull the trolley back. Did he arrive did he hell I found him asleep on the sofa. If this is the sign of things to come for the next 5 weeks I think I will have to send him off to the yard every day to get him out of my hair. Dont think there is any chance of that though the lads at the yard need a break from him.

Oh yes I forgot to mention, in the course of conversation the washing machine cropped up, “did you have any problems plumbing it in?” I asked. The look on his face was classic, “do you know what” he said “I have forgotten to do that” To say words failed me would be an over statement. As usual an excuse was forth coming.

No comments: