Tuesday Paul had a day off, thought it best to bring his blood pressure back to normal. So off we went to Braunston to Midland Chandlers to get some brass door catches and check the availability of the cooker I want. Well the door catches were £18 each and as we needed 6 there was some re-thinking and Paul finally got smaller ones for £3.78 which was a bit better. We then had a wander down to the Gongoozlers for a bite to eat and then headed back to the boat.
Yesterday off he went to the yard resplendent in gloves body warmer, coat and I’m sure the thermal underwear came out of the drawer. He came home around 5 with a big grin on his face, things had really come on and now we have a slot for the paint shop which is Saturday. There will be a few bits to do once it is painted but nothing major. I have to go down tomorrow to help get the junk off the roof and take curtains down and sheet up the inside to protect mattresses etc. Once the brass cleats, mushrooms etc are off the boat we can get stuck in cleaning them returning them to their shiny glory.
Tonight we are meeting up with John and Angela nb Ellen, will be good to catch up with their exploits on the Nene.

1 comment:
I am glad the 'smile' is back Lynn
Lesley
Post a Comment