I thought it was to good to be true that I would be let loose with a a paint brush yesterday. When we got to the boat and after a bit of tuition I was allowed to put the knotting solution on the knots in the Butt n Bead. you know the kind of tuition, dip brush in solution, shake off excess, paint over the knots. I now have an A* in knot painting. Only downside was the fumes from the stuff they were lethal.
Any way the walls in the engine room have had two coats of gloss now and the butt n bead was undercoated, in the bedroom we took advantage of not having the trim work on yet and undercoated what needed to be done and then the B n B in the bathroom was under coated too. It was a long day and Pauls back certainly suffered from all the bending. He should have let me do it I am closer to the ground than he is.
We had a visit from Dot and Derek and were able to catch up and they very kindly gave us a lift back to Rugby on Granny Buttons. It was nice to see them again and to know that every thing is going okay in the flat.
Today John called for Paul and they went to the yard to allow John to pattern up the sides of the new canopy and Paul to give a top coat to the ceiling and B n B in the engine room.
Before.
After.
Ceiling in a nice shade of Grey, walls in a pale yellow.
New canopy going up
John patterning up the side.
Every thing is certainly taking shape now and I am well pleased with what has been done, I think the trim work will start going on this week. The engine is still to be connected. Hope the new paint work doesn't get damaged when this is done. Hopefully all the plumbing supplies will arrive tomorrow so Paul can get on with installing the fresh water and cental heating systems.
Last night we went for a pizza with Betty and Graham it was a bit of an Anniversary do for Paul and I as we celebrated 9 years of wedded bliss!!!!!!!!! on Wednesday and no this stretch is NOT my anniversary present I am still waiting for that. We all had a nice evening made even better for the fact we weren't charged for the bottle of wine we had. I am off to Coventry on Tuesday with Betty for a day out we have to go to Ikea so no doubt I will come back with something.

1 comment:
sorry about the change of plan and heading off today. May see you at Ikea on Tuesday.
Post a Comment