Yesterday Anne and I went to Oxford. I had a list of shops I wanted to visit and Paul added to this list by asking us to look for a pipe for him. Well I bought nothing and after venturing up nearly every street we didn't find a pipe.
Getting back to the boat nb Tranquility was back in our midst and Betty's daughter and granddaughters were just leaving to return home. Paul decided to have a bit of a fish, but yet again no luck.
This morning Betty Graham Paul and I caught the bus to Banbury going through some really lovely villages on the way. Just as we were coming into the town I spied a little tobacconists so once off the bus we walked back to it while Betty and Graham did their own thing. Well this shop may have been small but it was crammed with every type of pipe and rolling tobacco in canisters and there on the wall was about 4 cases of pipes. Paul wanted a specific sort a Petersons and the lady bought a case up from under the counter and hey presto I now have one very happy husband who is the proud owner of a pipe, 50g of cherry and vanilla tobacco plus another sort of tobacco and his wallet is £60 lighter, what makes you think that the giving up smoking has gone out of the window!!!
4 happy people sat up the back of the bus like kids on the way back, then to top it all later on we sat on the tow path in the evening sunshine with a drink in our hands. Anne and Kieth joining us, what a happy band, roll on the summer. Tomorrow Tranquilty and Oakfield are going back to Thrupp and we are going down to turn round and top up with water. Hope this weather stays for the weekend there are jobs to do.

4 comments:
So that's where you all were! We stopped and knocked as we came by.
We will keep in touch. Take care of yourselves. Good luck with the stretch. Hope to catch up with you next winter. xxoo
How do you expect me to do some work when you have the keys to my bloody tool cupboard.
your loving husband.
Sorry we missed you Angela and John hopefully we will catch up with you later on in the year keep in touch.
We hear that the new pipe was christened before it had finished languishing in the whiskey and honey mixture for it's allotted time.
Hope you didn't set your whiskers alight!
Post a Comment