FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Sunday, 25 April 2010

Jobs nearly done.

Since arriving here at bridge 130 on Thursday we have been busy bees. Friday Paul decided to give the gas locker a coat of bitumen ( couldn't let Graham get one over him). So every thing was deposited on the tow path and he set to. I took the dogs for a wander and I returned just in time to hear rather a lot of swearing and Paul retrieving his slipper from the tin of bitumen, well I just had to turn round as I was laughing so much, it would appear that as he had inched himself off the boat he had put his foot in the tin so now the slippers are in the bin. Anne and Kieth turned up just as all this was taking place I advised them not to mention slippers but of course the temptation was just too much Paul's remarks are unprintable.

By late afternoon with the 4 of us in our chairs with drinks in hand this lovely spot was full again, the sun was shining although there was a breeze and our faces were glowing through the sun and wind I hasten to add not the drink.

Saturday morning dawned bright and breezy yet again and this was the day we were determined to get the boat washed and polished. All the junk, sorry essentials were taken off the roof and Paul set too. armed with scrubbing brush, broom and bucket on a rope to enable him to use the canal water.
I did taken the precaution of giving him the cord to make sure his glasses didn't end up in the canal like they did the last time he tackled the roof. Well this job took us all day, once the roof was scrubbed Paul washed the canal side while I did the tow path side I was a good girl and leathered my side down but Paul just left his now what can I say about that. Of course we had to have a few coffee breaks along he way and Kieth even got the paint pot out to touch up his very few scratches. We were kept amused by a helicopter which appeared to be giving trips from the farm house it would take off fly round then land in a field take off again then land in the farm yard obviously had townie guests, later in the day they were clay pigeon shooting and driving round in a dune buggy oh how the other half live.
Any way the boat is now squeaky clean having been T cutted (is there such a word?) and polished within an inch of its life. Everything is back on the roof although some of the junk has been destined for the bin, if any one would like to buy a large life ring complete with rope we have one for sale.
Anne and I took the dogs for a walk and approaching us was a boater who had such a large bow wave I thought he had a water ski-er behind him but no just someone in a hurry. Anne had the cheek to watch the boat pass and was told in no uncertain terms "to mind her own business" and she hadn't even uttered a word, guilty conscience or what.
This morning after it had the cheek to RAIN on our nice clean boat Paul is supposed to be touching up the paintwork but some how or another has got caught up with the guy next door talking about solar panels yawn yawn. I am determined to have a BBQ this evening so come rain or shine Paul is going to be cooking our tea on the tow path. I have a couple of bananas in the fruit bowl they will go nicely on the BBQ wrapped in foil with a drop of rum and brown sugar, so that's pudding sorted pity I don't have any cream to go with them.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I seem to remember it taking quite a while to find those slippers! What is it about boaters and footwear?! Angela and John xxoo