FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Fenny Compton.

Yesterday was naff internet day so no blog. We travelled from bridge 170 stopping for a quick shop at Morrison's. As we went through Banbury we were able to say hello to Keith on Oakfield Anne we understand was shopping. We didn't plan to travel so long but ended up at Cropredy managed to get on the 24 hour moorings and by 4pm you couldn't have squeezed another boat in. I decided to take the dogs for a long walk aiming to do the circular route that I had done with John and Angela. It was such a lovely day, I left Paul snoozing in the chair which is no surprise.


I passed this lovely house not that I would want the up keep of the lawns. By the time I had been up hill and down dale I came to the conclusion that I wasn't on the same footpath at all in fact I don't think I was on a footpath, so I just turned round and retraced my steps, wasn't the walk that I planned but it was still a very enjoyable one and the dogs loved it.

This morning we set off, along with the world and his dog all travelling in the same direction as us. This made the locks hard work as I had to empty then refill, there was also at least 2 boats behind us so it was a struggle for them too. Saw Ian (Gosty Hill) on his home mooring just time for a quick hello to find out when he will be coming up as we need diesel. We decided to make for Fenny Compton as we just fancied a meal out tonight and as luck would have it there was a space on the 14 day moorings. So it will make a nice change for some one to cook for me.

Think we will move up to bridge 130 tomorrow and spend a few days there in the peace and quiet. Weather looks as if it is going to be warm so perhaps we can dust off the BBQ.

No comments: