FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Wednesday, 14 April 2010

Mr Angry! This one is for you Maffi.


I was going to mention the guy who lives in this house about a week into our stay here but was told not to, since then the goal posts have changed so here is our little tale.
Here above Kidlington lock is a nice stretch of armco, it is quiet here the shops and buses are close by, like a lot of other people we like it here, it is nice to chill for a few days. While Oakfield and Tranquility were with us along with a few other boats that stopped over Mr Angry kept looking over his fence counting the boats making a note of names and numbers then he would get on his phone and walk down the garden muttering. We know that he has crossed swords with Maffi and Bones but had thought, wrongly I might add that he had mellowed. Yesterday evening Paul rang me (I was in Kent) to say that while he was sat on the back of the boat Mr Angry shouted over the fence "you'll be moving tomorrow" no says Paul. "Well your 14days are up then so you had better move or I will ring the bailiffs" excuse me, what do "the bailiffs" have to do with anything. Paul made no comment (which is very unusual) as he didn't want to bring himself down to Angry's level, but he did hear him say " I am fed up with you lot f*****g gawking in my garden" Now we don't do that and never have. I bet he is always on the phone to BW and they must get really p'd off with him. We will be leaving tomorrow, not because of him but yes our 14 days will be up and we need to use the services at Thrupp. Then make our way back to Braunston and beyond.
So be warned, if you moor for a few days by Kiddlington Green Lock watch out for Mr Angry peering over his fence like Chad.
Oh yes, we have seen a BW guy who took our number, so as far as we are concerned everything is above board.
My visit to the docs in Kent went off okay my cholesterol is high and so I have been given a diet sheet of foods to avoid, now why is it that everything on the list seems to be my favourite like chocolate, biscuits, p nut butter and bread. Also it looks like that the "boat cake" will have to be made with half the ingredients as that is banned too. Why is it that Paul eats all these things smokes doesn't do any excercise and is stick thin with a low cholesterol level it JUST ISN'T FAIR.

6 comments:

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

I have seen this Gent in coversation with boaters at this site before. He actually walked down the towing path todiscuss matters with them.

Anonymous said...

So he has a fence that you can see through and has no trees or greenery to block the view.

Anonymous said...

Reading this highlights one of the benefits of being a CCr. Just imagine what life would be like if you had a permanent mooring near him.

Never mind you have the Grand Prix this weekend to cheer you up!

regards
Joe (Caxton)

MortimerBones said...

ah yes, the Kidlington Sherriff... at least he now accepts they are 14 day moorings and not 24hour moorings as he tried to tell me. I find it interesting that he actually came over and spoke/threatened me, but with both Paul and Maffi he had to remain behind his fence! I had hoped he had mellowed out since we were there last.
The problem with anyone complaining that you are looking in through their windows/into their garden is that it puts the idea into your head to do exactly that - until he mentioned it it had never occured to me that I could! I suppose he knows we can because he can see into our boats!

Lesley NB Caxton said...

Imagine having to LIVE with him!
Lesley

Anonymous said...

Thing is, I bet all boaters are now looking out for his house and seeing if they can spot him! By being so aggressive he's made an imagined paranoia into a reality. Poor guy, you have to feel a bit sorry for someone with that fixation. He definitely needs to plant up some creepers to cover those holes!
(p.s Sorry Piston Brokers, didn't intend to undermine your horrible encounter with a mean sod - I'd have been furious with him!)