FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Monday, 26 October 2009

No work today.

Today we had to pop into Rugby on a rug hunting recce. I also had to pop into Specsavers as my new glasses were really giving me gip. This was our first port of call, I explained to the nice lady that although I could see distances the reading bit of my varifocals was absolute crap, no I didn't say that just pointed out that I couldn't read anything, using my lap top was difficult and watching the tele put a strain on my eyes. Now when I went for my new glasses because I had had my eyes tested in Jan (at Specsavers in Uxbridge) I couldn't get them retested for free so I used that prescription as it wasn't too different from my last one. I digress, the lady checked and my old glasses were a stronger prescription than my new ones not good. So upstairs I went was given a new eye test and a new prescription that is stronger, so now my new glasses have to be sent away to have the new lenses put in. All free of charge I'm glad to say. Paul is a bit put out as it means with wearing my old glasses again I read for longer in bed. Oh yes the other day I stacked it as I jumped off the boat ended up with dirty knees and dented pride I can now put it down to my naff glasses making the bank look closer than it was and not my misjudging the gap.
We spent so long in Rugby that when we got back we still had to get dog food and anti freeze. Our rug hunting has been proving fruitless as we couldn't find anything in the sizes we wanted so we popped into Carpetrite to see that if we chose a nice carpet it could be cut to size and whipped (now now) making a nice rug. They were helpful but said that obviously we had to buy the carpet width by the required length, now this was okay as we needed 2 rugs of different sizes for the saloon and a runner for between the beds which will leave a small amount left over. Paul has to return in the morning with the exact sizes so the carpet can be ordered. Will take about 3 weeks but at least we have just what we want. As the day had whizzed by no varnishing got done today. That is a job for tomorrow when we get to Hillmorton. We had a visit from Betty and Graham nb Tranquility who are now moored at the park waiting for family. We saw them last year when they were on their way up to Manchester, this winter they are staying round Braunston/Rugby like us so no doubt we will be seeing a bit of them in the coming months.
Rang Ian and Alison on Gosty Hill and they will be at Hillmorton tomorrow so that's okay as we need fuel of the liquid and solid kind.

1 comment:

nb Oakfield said...

hello Lynne,
Thanks for the tip about Gosty Hill coming this way. We rang him too but only got his answer phone. He hasn't been by yer yet. We are back at Hillmorten, so may meet up with you again perhaps.