FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Wednesday, 7 October 2009

if it's not one thing!!!!!!

New book shelves are coming along nicely cant post any pictures as I cant find the lead for the camera. Not liking the mess we are living in but it's not forever. Was a shame that when our friends from Hungary called in to see us yesterday they saw the boat in a shit heap but at least I will be able to send them some photos of the finished article.
This morning there was frantic shouting from Paul (I was up the back of the boat on the laptop) and when I went down there were bubbles all over the kitchen floor from the washing machine. Of course I had towels in it at the time and they are now dripping on the airer on the pontoon. Don't know what is up with the machine but Paul will have a look when he has 5 minutes. At the moment he is looking at resiting some sockets but on investigation it is not going to be an easy job, which isn't a surprise. I am hoping that Paul can repair the washing machine because it will be a hell of a job to get it off the boat. I think everything must have been built round it, you have to take the door of the cupboard off to get the machine out and then we found that the cratch door opening is narrower than the machine so it means taking the beading off the door to get it out, hatch is also too narrow, so lets hope it is repairable. Only saving grace is we have plenty of bodies here to help us if we need to get the thing off the boat and we have the carpenter here to put back the beading.
Dinette is the next job old one has been dismantled and we have wood everywhere cant throw it away as some of it is going to be utilised elsewhere. Then the floor layer is due (should have been yesterday) to measure up for the new flooring.
Shelving should be varnished tomorrow then at least I can put some of the stuff back up once thats dry, I have books all over the place. Next installment soon.

No comments: