This morning we had an early start for the whole half mile to the Marina, when we got here the berth we were supposed to moor on has been used so we are sitting here waiting for said boat to move off sometime in the next couple of hours.
Friday evening we walked up to the Royal Oak pub which is part of the Hungry Horse chain to have a meal. We have eaten here a few times. Paul decided to have a steak I had scampi. Now Paul likes his steak to be pink not charcoled or raw. This time he got a piece of sirloin steak that not only was it a bit on the underdone side but was so tough that he struggled to chew it. Of course there was quite a bit left on the side of the plate and when the waiter asked if everything was ok Paul told him that no it wasn't, now we appreciate that the chef cant be held responsible for the toughness of the steak but the waiter after he had asked the question just cleared the plates. No "I'm sorry sir I'll see if we can give you a refund" nothing. So as we left the place Paul went up to the manageress and suggested they change their butcher and explained why, again no response at all. Why do they even ask the question if they aren't prepared to do anything if the customer complains?
We have managed to re-house all the gubbins that resides under the dinette and on the bookshelves temporarily until the work is completed. Think tomorrow morning I will be taking myself off for a long walk to get away from the upheaval, as you can imagine Paul will be there supervising and no doubt giving his assistance even if it isn't needed. Poor old dogs will have to spend the day up the back out of the way.
Wood has been sawn up and put in bags so the roof is a bit clearer. It's the inside that a tip but it will be worth it.(I hope)
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Sunday, 4 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
About par for a Hungry Horse I'd say!
We ate there about 2 years ago and said then, "Never again"
Post a Comment