FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Sunday, 25 October 2009

My little cherub has been busy.

Well since Thursday the table has been taking shape, its not time for the pictures yet so you will have to wait a little bit longer to see the finished result. At the moment I am trying out "the table" and it is really nice to be able to use the laptop at the correct height, no having to sit on two cushions now. The table has had a 50/50 coat of varnish/white spirit and now has to be rubbed down again and the final coat of varnish applied and then the dropleaf section attached. Needless to say while waiting for the varnish to dry Paul set about yet another task, why he couldn't just sit down and take it easy I do not know. So the shelves in the kitchen are now in place and they too are ready for their first coat of varnish. Must say everything is really coming together nicely didn't know I had such a clever hubby, although there has been plenty of moaning about the cramped conditions he has worked in. ( I don't know, some people just aren't happy with a plank across the cruiser stern he should be grateful for the canopy at least he didn't get wet when it rained.)
This morning MOTOGP was on at 6.45 so alarm on the phone was set also checked to make sure that the automatic time update was on for the time change. But as usual things never go to plan, Paul couldn't sleep (too busy thinking about his shelves) so he got up at 5.45 and then the alarm went off because the time hadn't updated. Apparently a lot of phones were the same, I am now getting used to being woken up by Paul crashing through the boat so he can watch some stupid motor racing of one sort or another. I am sure he would have plenty to say if I wanted to watch a programme at some ungodly hour, but thinking about it he probably wouldn't even know I had got up, he doesn't hear his own alarm so he wouldn't hear mine.
Dogs are a bit confused with the extra hour they were looking for their dinner an hour too soon so I compromised and fed them at 5.30 new time not the 6pm old time. (I'm thinking that doesn't make sense, I haven't had a drink honest).
At least here at Rugby we get 3g so Paul had a nice long chat to his brother in Oz via Skype. Have arranged to go to Kent next weekend it is No 1 grandsons 18th so there is going to be a family get together cant wait to see everyone again. I am sure Paul will be busy putting something or other together and of course it is the last F1 of the season so that's him sorted.

No comments: