FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Friday, 18 September 2009

New glasses are how much!!!!!!!!!!

Trip into Rugby this morning for eye tests and a visit to the Vodafone shop. Must admit we have 3G here for the first time ever so internet speed has been very good. Any way, Vodafone weren't any help at all. We have had a contract with them for the past 2 years and when we got our new dongle I had to re-new the contract which is fair enough but our initial contract was for 3G at £30 a month now the 3G is only £15 but I am still paying £30 so I assumed I would be getting 5G oh how wrong it is to assume as I am still on 3G. The chap in the store said they couldn't do any thing in store as they didn't have the access on their computers so I must ring customer service. "Can you ring them for us" we asked no was the reply, So off to the nearest pay phone call made and were they any help no they weren't. Answer was as you have passed the 7 day opt out period you are stuck with the what you have, now they didn't really say that but that is what they implied. (i can change it after 9 months) So back into the store to ask the question how much to opt out of the contract, the reply was you have to pay the monthly rental for the remainder of the contract so that would work out at £480 so it looks as if we will be keeping the contact running. I just wish the women in the store had told me our options when the contact was renewed as we have been more than happy with reception etc. but she didn't she was only after her commission.
After this little fiasco it was across the road to Specsavers we had managed to get appointments for eye tests early afternoon as I had had an eye test in January I didn't need one, Paul did though so off he went came back and as expected left eye has changed so off to choose our glasses. All round the store are the promotions buy one pair get another free or if you are over 60 you can get 30% off one pair, the girl was very helpful and worked everything out for us, I had decided to just have one pair Paul was going to go for the 2 pairs well by the time everything was worked ie; varifocal thin lenses, reactalite lenses plus the frames at £75 each Paul's bill for the two pairs was nearly £500 so needless to say he ended up with one pair, he has to have the varifocal lenses so no reactalite this time and the final bill for his pair was £206 my pair came out at £108 so it is a good job we wont need glasses for another couple of years. Think I will open a savings account to save up for the next lot.
By the time we got back to the boat we both needed a stiff drink to get over the stress don't want another day like today I can tell you.

2 comments:

Dave Winter said...

Hi,
Next time you need new glasses do what I did.
Go to boots,get your free eye test and get the prescription.Then go on-line and order from them.
I used these, www.glasses2you.co.uk
I have Bi-focal with scratch resistance.Boots price £182, on-line
£57.Delivered in 3days.Its a no brainer.
Regards
Dave Winter(brassiclint)

nb piston broke said...

Will try that next time thanks for the info.