FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Monday, 7 September 2009

Back Home.



Butter wouldn't melt, thank goodness for kiddies TV.


Arrived back to the boat absolutely EXHAUSTED, don't know how I managed with 3 of my own mind you I was 40 years younger. The kids were really good which was a bonus.


Needless to say Paul has received a bit of abuse from a couple of boaters while offering them some help/advice.(cant leave him alone for five minutes) First time he was helping a couple moor up in the wind and and there was a few choice words exchanged why I don't know probably thought they could get right up to the bank when you cant here, any way Paul's reaction was "do it yourself next time". Then a boat was coming along with two young children running along the roof Paul said "shouldn't let them do that if I were you there could be a nasty accident" the dad turned round and told Paul to "mind his own f******g business" and no it wasn't a hire boat and apparently the guy on the tiller who was obviously the owner of the boat and the grandad had the grace to look embarrassed so I'm afraid in future we will offer help when asked and not interfere when the kiddies fall in the canal because their parents think its good to let them run on the roof.


In to Daventry tomorrow to top up the larder then we will move out into the country for a few days. Oil has been changed and the painting is done so what little jobs will get done I'm not sure.

side hatch doors have to have another coat of paint but we can only tackle them if it is a good day as they have to come off, we will see, just take each day as it comes. I am so looking forward to have a decent nights sleep and not being woken at 6.30 by 2 little voices at the bedroom door asking nanny Lynne if she is awake!!!!!!!!!

No comments: