FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Hillmorton again

Left Rugby at long last after one final visit to Wickes to get the elusive light switch which finally came in and yes you've guessed it (no not Next) Tesco's, we are now topped up and I refuse to go food shopping until the freezer is empty of all the stuff in there. Of course not having a bread maker I will have to get that and the odd pint of milk but lets hope I can stick to my guns, after all its quite a walk to shops from this side of the locks (we are below the locks) but close to a bus stop.
In the morning must go up to the post office to see if they will accept mail I need another prescription and with the threat of a mail strike want to get the request in early.
Was so nice coming here this morning not having the bikes on the back. As soon as we moored up I replanted my planters on the roof, been promising to do for ages and I have had the plants for about a week in fact at one point they all wilted because I had neglected them. Paul is up the back trying a spot of fishing and I was lucky enough to see a Kingfisher in the tree opposite first one for ages.
Am looking forward to spending a few days here as the tow path is relatively quiet, I know Paul will pop up and see Dave at the boat yard as he's after a couple of electrical bits for the big re-wire job. Sure we will find lots to do, we must saw the wood up that we have acquired and that will tidy up the roof, funny how when we first set out 2 years ago Paul vowed he wouldn't have loads of stuff on the roof but how can you not when you live aboard all the time, now we have started buying coal and collecting wood there isn't a lot of roof space left, what with the roof box, BBQ, anchor, life ring, plants, plank and poles, oh yes and the solar panels there isn't room for another thing.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Enjoying your blog & your comment about stuff on the roof made me smile, when we bought nb Poppy 18 months ago Mark said nothing was going on the roof as when at the tiller he just wanted to see the 'clean lines of the boat' & of course like yours it's now home to the assorted stuff of a liveaboard ;-)

Julia