FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Saturday, 4 February 2012

With n without!!!!!!

This morning when we woke I just had to take a picture of the difference between the kitchen window with no double glazing and the lounge one that has it.

001

Kitchen window

002

Lounge window.

The kitchen window is the only one that doesnt have the double glazing it is a job in progress but you can see the benefit we get during this cold weather.

When I took the rubbish down I noticed a boat above the bottom lock that wasnt there yesterday. Had it really travelled in all this ice? Well that question was answered when around 11.30 the ice started cracking Paul and I went up the back of the boat to have a look, Del was looking out of his side hatch doors as well. Then we saw in the distance a boat coming through, as he came under the bridge we noticed a couple of guys up the front with poles.

005

Lo and behold when the boat came by we noticed that it was Tone on Muchgigglin. he informed us that his alternator had packed up and he needed to get back to his home mooring at Wigrams to get on shoreline. I really didnt envy him the journey, no doubt when he gets to Onley  the ice will be very thick.

007

Coming through.

008

Getting closer.

009

Looks cold out there!

010

This is how thick it is here. All of  3ins.

011

Whats your angle?

I expect that his journey will take him quite a while.

As we sit here the sky is getting greyer how long will it be before the snow starts to fall the weather man says around 3pm, I wonder if he will be right? If it freezes again tonight thanks to Tone the ice will be 6 inches thick in places.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is always one prat we are at onley ice very thick he didnt make it to here hope he damaged his prop stay warm. TONY AND JACKIE