I don't know what it is about Sunday’s but I always seem to hang about in my PJ’s for a bit longer than normal then have a nice shower while Paul is chatting to Eric. Today it was colour my hair day as well, yes I’ve admitted it I am not a natural blonde in fact I cant even remember what my hair colour was, I have been blonde for so long and of course my hair now would be decidedly grey under all this colouring. Paul had put the heating on for me to get the water nice and hot which was very kind of him. So into the shower I jumped, there I was colour rinsed off conditioner taking effect and lathered up. I turn the tap back on and oh s***t the water is freezing whereas before it had been hot hot hot. I called for Paul “what “ was the response, “get your backside here” was MY response. I then had to explain what the problem was, so what does he do but turn the tap on to check that I am not imagining the water is cold. I am sure you can picture all this, me standing covered in lather trying to keep out of the way of a freezing cold shower. “it looks like the taps have packed up again” (we have thermostatic taps) oh great, what am I supposed to do now? Rinse off in cold water was the only option, so that is what I did then wrapped myself in a towel and rinsed my hair at the sink in the kitchen, good job no boats came past. Paul then proceeded to take the taps to bits do a minor alteration then put everything back together again. Now, he wants a shower this evening and you can bet your bottom dollar that the water will be lovely and warm for him and the next time I use the thing the taps will pack up again. Think a trip is on to get new taps.
Paul decided to service the gas hob today as well (working cardi came into its own) all the burners were dismantled and cleaned then when they were tried out after re-assembly 2 didn't work so another minor adjustment and they are all working again.
I had a walk to the co-op for some milk and bread and I also bought two individual Hagan Dass ice creams because I have made a jelly and so for our pudding today, we are going to have jelly and ice cream. Paul doesn't know this yet so if he gets to read this before we have our meal it wont be the surprise I had hoped it will be. Those of you that know Paul know that everyday he asks me “what's for tea?” I think my surprise pudding will leave him speechless. Just hope he likes jelly never thought to ask him before I made it, I have put fruit in the jelly so it is quite exotic.
The nice weather has bought the boaters, walkers, cyclists and canoeists out, Paul is fishing, I use the term loosely as he is probably chatting more than casting his lure in to the depths of the canal.

2 comments:
We've not had jelly and ice-cream since the kids were little. Guess what's going to be on the menu this week! Thanks for the inspiration.
best wishes
Yvonne
I name that there cardigan 'Moths Relish One'!
Post a Comment