The one thing I like about this mooring is….. the peace and quiet. There is no train noise no traffic noise and not a great deal of tow path traffic. As long as you have enough water etc you can stay for a week or so. We still haven't ventured out on the bus but we have plenty of time. You can tell we are getting near to winter as we are meeting up with people we see normally at this time of year. At the moment on this mooring we have Relaine and Aqualady boaters we see during the winter, at least we have plenty to talk about.
Yesterday when we got up there was a dead cygnet in the canal. We had seen three with the parents only a few days ago. After about an hour the other two cygnets approached the dead one calling to it but not venturing too close as if they knew it was a goner. On talking to a lady off of the boat in front of us it transpired that the adult swans had taken the cygnets for a quick flying lesson and this cygnet misjudged the power lines got caught up and broke its neck. As boaters were hitting it Paul managed to get it ashore hiding the body in the undergrowth away from view.
Paul has managed to get the rest of the engine room painted and I washed and polished the boat, taking advantage of the lovely weather. (just the tow path side I hasten to add).
Oh yes Saturday morning he got up at 4.30am to watch F1 qualifying and MOTOGP. I was not amused as it took me an age to get back to sleep, thank goodness this morning the alarm went off at 7 in time for him to see the start of F1 and he is now watching the repeat of the motorcycling. I think he has realised that he is just tooooooooo old to be getting up at silly o’clock when he can catch up later in the day, but he insists that it just isn't the same when you know what the result is. I just think he is very sad.

No comments:
Post a Comment