Well, we haven't been idle over the past few days, the back decking has been re-painted and the steps have been re-painted and varnished. There has been a lot of sitting on the tow path making the most of the sunshine. Sunday Paul got up at 4.30am to watch the motor cycling (I know it is so sad) so he had a couple of hours kip in the afternoon.
Yesterday we caught the bus into Rugby just to get away from the boat for a few hours, I had to make an appointment at the docs and believe it or not got one for later in the afternoon. New window frames have been ordered just waiting for price so we can pay.
When I got back from the doctors Paul was no where to be found, boat was still open so I knew he couldn't be far away, a lady walking along the tow path said “have you lost your husband” I was so tempted to say something smart but didn't just said “why have you got him?”. He was chatting about engines because the boat had a JD3 and they were comparing notes, now why was I surprised. Any way Bob and Rachel moved up in front of us on their boat nb Nomad Dream and it transpired they had lived in Kent a few miles from us and their daughter lives near mine, such a small world. Hope we meet up with them again.
It has been very breezy here over the past couple of days and today it is considerably cooler although the sun is out. Final window is out so the woodwork can be varnished of course on removing the window Paul found that the new wooden frame doesn't fit flush with the metalwork of the boat so it has to be packed out, yet another case of “what the eye doesn't see”. This job is going to take longer than the others good job its dry.
Paul had one of those light bulb moments and is in the process of making a slight modification to the double glazing, to make it easier to remove. I think now all the priority jobs have been done that is until another one rears its ugly head, so we can just go through the rest of the list over the next few weeks at our own pace.

No comments:
Post a Comment