Last weekend saw me in Kent, it was my birthday and for my treat my daughter Jess was taking me to London for a champagne afternoon tea at the “Charlotte Street Hotel”. We had a lovely day did loads of walking loads of drinking and rounded the evening off in the theatre watching “We Will Rock You” a perfect end to a perfect day.
Me and Jess, a chap in the theatre took pity on us as we were trying to take a picture of our selves and after numerous glasses of champagne and wine it was proving difficult.
There was one blot on my weekend away and that was a call from Paul to say that Mr Anonymous had struck again. From Jess’s I read the comment and was prepared to publish it on my return but when I got back today Paul had deleted it. So Mr/Mrs you nearly had your 5 minutes of fame. Pity really because everyone could have read the very offensive remarks you made and seen just what a prat you are. It would appear that this person had overheard a conversation supposedly between Paul and who knows who in a chandlers. Now we haven't been near a chandlers in 4 weeks and can only remember talking to one person whom we knew, so Mr A who is normally so quick to slag us off was a bit slow to make the comment. So everyone just make sure that you don't have a private conversation in a public place because Mr A will deem you to be a dangerous person and state that a “little knowledge is a dangerous thing.”
Paul did leave a question for Mr A on our comments page but no reply as yet.
Must say at this point Paul was all for shutting down this blog after the rude comment, but why the hell should we. It is read by family in various parts of the world and a lot of you guys out there. I will continue to make fun of Paul in my way and write about our escapades. ( At this point we will get a comment from Mr A along the lines of “Yawn” yes he has done this before).
So if you can all bear with us for a bit while we get over this little spat we will be back to our jovial selves.

9 comments:
Back in 2009 an 'anonymous' had a campaign against us on our blog and on a canal forum - it was totally horrible though we thankfully got lots of support from our blogging friends. I was going to stop blogging then but I'm so glad that I didn't!
Don't let the b"££$%^ get you down and keep blogging!
Sue, nb Indigo Dream
I always enjoy reading your blog, its YOUR blog, Mr A can do his own, I am not interested, but what I am wanting to know is how that whopping headlamp is doing on the polishing front????
Lisa
Nil Illigitimi carborundum !!
(dont let the bas**rds grind you down)
if thats all they have in life you can but pity them !
Alf
Hi Lynn
I have had a couple of gutless anon's who make disparaging comments and like you, I publish. There really is no need to be rude, or coarse or vindictive but some people are so the rest of us might as well enjoy their public humiliation by reading about their antics...
best wishes
Lesley
Hi Both
I recently had a disparaging comment left on my blog, anonymously of course. I invited the individual to identify him/herself, but of course that wasn't going to happen. Some people have too much time on their hands. Anyway, don't let it worry you. For the odd reader who doesn't always agree with you, there are plenty more who get an enormous of pleasure over reading what we're up to....
I hope you don't let this "waste of space" loser stop you blogging. I know it's upsetting getting this sort of thing, but I'd hate to miss the fun I get out of reading of your travels because of someone so obviously lacking in good mammers or reasonable behaviour.
I LOVE your blog.............long may you cruise!!
Hi There,
We have had quite a few "Yawns" and ZZZZZZZZZZeds left by a Mr/Mrs A.
I did track him/her down to Dudley by virtue of the URL.
I wonder if it is the same person?
I enjoy your blog immensely. Don't let small minded people who hide behind Anon stop you.
Only follow you each night and wish i was doing the same. Enjoy the reading so do not let them it him her gring you down jealosy can have a evil tongue keep with it they get fed up before you and are only after the publicity. Used to be with ownerships and there was always someone who posted a remark just to stir it up amd see the replies.tick at it and keep on boating
Regards
Colin
Post a Comment