FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Saturday, 26 February 2011

cheek of the man!

Today we went to B & Q for our tiles, as is par for the course for us when we saw the selection we changed our minds from the original design which we had liked. This was mainly because they were over £10 for half a metre and we needed 11 metres. (Okay so we are cheap skates) and this meant taking 22 boxes of tiles on the barrow on the bus. After undoing the boxes of nearly all of the alternative designs at the cheaper price of £7.98 we decided on two different designs a wood block effect for the bedroom and something else for the bathroom and kitchen. Wont attempt to describe the colour because “cat sick” springs to mind, only joking they are a light colour with a hint of the sage green we are doing the butt n bead in any way once they are laid I will post a picture (may be in a couple of months mind) Any way these tiles were also in half metre boxes so we we had 21 boxes to get home. Had a bit of a result at the checkout as there was 15% off. I put 4 packs in the rucksack and the rest went in the bag on the barrow they are now in the bathroom where we keep tripping over them!.

We returned to Homebase got two more tins of paint to mix with the ones we bought yesterday (both the test bits were way too  light) We also bought a box of ceramic tiles in slate grey to go in front of the fire. Although we have a mat there I am worried that if an ember falls from the fire it will be a disaster, also they will cut down on the muck trodden in though the cratch.(I hope).

Paul being Paul he couldn't sit down and relax he just had to mix the paint, first to be done was the green to touch up the inevitable scratches you get. Next was the emulsion, now he had asked me if I had a container to mix 2, 500ml tins of paint in before he returned it to the tins, well I have some stainless mixing bowls one of which would be big enough, he never said any more so I thought no more of it. I wandered to the engine room just to see how things were going and not only had he used my mixing bowl but he was using my wooden spoon that I keep especially for my porridge to stir the paint. Alright alright I know its sad but I like that spoon to be kept for its specific job. When I dared to have a moan he said  what was I getting upset about everything would clean up. I now have a wooden spoon that has a distinct hint of green on the handle. Wonder how he would like it if I used his screw driver to stir the soup.

2 comments:

Derek and Dot said...

Now Derek says he wouldn't dare do that or I would kill him :-)
Dot

Mick & Mags said...

Quote" Wonder how he would like it if I used his screw driver to stir the soup."

The best revenge is to use their toothbrush to clean the bog. We know someone who did just that when her other-half got drunk at home when they were supposed to be going out.