Don't know what it was like where everyone else is but here it has been a tad windy. especially overnight. Now I am not a great lover of high winds having experienced the gales of 84 which saw my garden fence disappear down the road and a window blow in but then I suppose I came off quite lightly. Any way I digress we went to bed with the boat rocking and the wind howling ,within minutes Paul was snoring and I seemed to be awake for hours, Paul thinks I am a big girls blouse he like nothing more than experiencing the full force of the elements, having been to sea in big ships and sailing yachts' it is fun to him. Me the only water I had been on prior to our boat was a peddallo on Margate sea front and various cross channel ferries a seasoned sailor I am NOT. Is still windy today but it doesn't seem so bad in the daylight.
Yesterday we have a surprise visit from John and Angela (nb Ellen) it was lovely to see them again as it has been a while. Paul had to go to the hospital first thing to have a blood test and I am due one the week after next and what with various other hospital visits on the cards you can tell we are getting older.
As mentioned before Paul had temporarily fitted a fan in the “cellar” to alleviate a minor condensation problem, as the fan cured the problem he thought it would be beneficial to carry out a proper installation without the need of a manual switch. The fan is now positioned in front of a vent so any damp air within the “cellar” is pushed through the vent and expelled overboard. It is now electrically controlled by being wired into the ignition system via a relay so it is only on/off when the engine is running. This has been a necessity because Paul kept forgetting to switch off the fan.
This afternoon I am being allowed to get to grips with a paint brush and stain the new drawers. I am not I might add doing any thing which is in your face, bulk heads and the like, just in case I make a balls up of it ( his words not mine). As if I would, I think I am intelligent enough to work out which way the grain on a bit or wood goes but there you go. I am a women!!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment