Of course it’s Pauls back not mine, he tried to prise himself into the “cellar” and has done some damage. The drawers are done, out of the 4 drawers the first one was done by Paul to show me how to do it, the second one I managed while Paul was sanding down the other two, the third one was started by me and half way through there was Paul hovering at my shoulder just watching every brush load of stain going on. I was just waiting for him to say those words “ shall I take over” I knew it, he just cant trust me to do anything so he got his wish and he finished the remaining drawer and a half and I will NEVER NEVER pick up a paint brush again.
Last night the four of us went over to the Harvester for a meal 2 of our group are away. Was a nice meal with a donking great big ice cream sundae to finish, Paul and I did share one I hasten to add.
Today with “the back” a bit easier Paul got stuck into some staining and varnishing in the engine room. That only leaves a couple more bits as the bulk heads, lighting boards trim have now been done. Job for tomorrow me thinks.
Thank you for your comments Mark regarding the quality of the workmanship. We are sorry we are unable to publish your comments but we are sure you appreciate why. However as you can see by the pictures the carpentry is of the highest quality where it fits!!!!!!!
This is a door frame, it must have taken them all day to select this piece of wood, bet you wish you had one like it!!!!
This door stop joint has been very carefully fitted obviously they haven't been sprung in.
As you can see these mitres have been fitted incorrectly, one may think they have opened up but this is not the case.It is how they were fitted. Paul will be removing everything so they can be re-fitted correctly.
It is hard to see on this picture but Paul reckons the door stop was planed down with a bow saw or failing that a Fisher Price tool kit.
Every care has been taken not to rub down the metal work or even PAINT it, therefore the heads of these side hatch doors have got to be finished off properly.
We could spend all day posting pictures of what we have been left with. Sure you get our drift.
Hope this answers your questions Mark suggest you look round further to accommodate your requirements.

3 comments:
Ever since we met you both at Hillmorton locks last year I have followed your blog. You just have such a great way of writing about your adventures and the trials of being married to Paul!! You deserve a medal. We have had a bad week and reading your post today brightened our day Best regards Chris and Sue Nb Elysium Days
Thanks Sue and Chris glad we have made you smile.
Hi Lynne. Whats the name of the company who carried out this work?.
RR
Post a Comment