FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Thursday, 13 January 2011

Settled once again

This morning we moved up to be near our friends and away from the mud. We stopped and filled up with water, while doing this Paul nipped into Midland Chandlers to pick up his new prop and some other bits and pieces like an amp meter a volt meter also an oil filter. lucky for us we had a 15% off voucher so we saved £79 on our purchases. Midland Chandlers were true to their word the prop turning up when they said it would with the call to say it had arrived.

As soon as we moored up I jumped in the shower then our buddies descended on us for coffee, as usual the banter flowed, with Paul teasing Graham about his sloping shelves and Keith and Graham having a pop at Paul about the state of the brass on his engine and the exposed copper pipe throughout the boat, oh it is so nice to be together again. Couldn't offer them boat cake as Paul has eaten it all so it looks like I shall be baking tomorrow. Oh forgot its a girls trip to Rugby in the morning so the cake will have to wait. Shopping is more important!!!!!

Today Paul fitted the new glass in the fire taking the opportunity as the fire went out over night. Last evening we were so hot we  even had the cratch doors open and we were down to our vest and pants while watching the tele. I kid you not, I was in my vest and Paul was in my pants oops I mean his pants. Not only that at half past two this morning Crystal was barking to go out which is very unusual, but the snoring from Paul meant it was up to me to get her off the boat. Once back in bed I could hear dripping ,it was like a Chinese water torture I realised it was the rain dripping off of the solar panel not that made it any better. Then to top it all in between the drips I had the snores so it was drip, snore, drip, snore it is a wonder that himself saw the light of day, he even had the cheek to ask me if I had slept okay. Just let him snore tonight I have a sharp stick that I will poke him with.

No comments: