Today Paul said he had a little job for me if I wanted something to do. Now I thought to myself I cant really refuse as he has been so busy doing stuff just lately that it is my “wifely duty” to help out. Well, to say I get the bum jobs would be a bit of an understatement but there you go I was up for the challenge. And this was the challenge,
Now this here headlight is supposed to be nice and shiny, to say that it has been neglected is apparent. Paul’s quip was to tell me “it will need a bit of elbow grease”. After a couple of hours my elbows needed more than greasing.
Half a tin of Brasso later. It looks a bit better but still a long way to go.
By the time I got this far I was bored with the whole thing so that is where I left it and I will do a bit more tomorrow(or the next day, or the day after that!!!!)
Last night we had a bit of a “soiree” the gang came aboard and we had a nice evening drinking and nibbling, we had a selection of cheese and biscuits and I splashed out and bought Keith a couple of bottles of Guinness Paul said “he can drink bitter” like me and Graham, I said, “that isn't very neighbourly”, Paul said “okay then but only buy him one bottle”, I said “go fly your kite I am buying him 2”. So I did.
Today Paul has been busy making a holder for our pins (picture to follow when the varnish is dry and it is in place) He has also put up a shelf above the washing machine for powder, eco balls etc. He is getting his engine room with some semblance of uniformity now, there is still quite a bit of staining and varnishing to do hopefully that will be completed before we leave here.

2 comments:
Now it's clean quickly run down to a workshop that'll put a layer of chrome over it - your elbows will be saved - forever! :-)
Sue, nb Indigo Dream (slowly becoming a brass-free zone!)
put a layer of chrome over it - your elbows will be saved - forever! :-)
OR..even (much) cheaper, sand it all over, then paint it black !!
Post a Comment