Last night saw the 6 of us going out for our Christmas meal, okay so its nearly the end of January but we didn't forecast us all being iced in at different parts of the canal system when Christmas arrived. Any way we had booked a table at The Stag and Pheasant, Paul and I like this pub the food has been good each time we have visited and it is a reasonable price. We had a very pleasant evening, I know we see each other on a daily basis but going out and socialising is different somehow and we don't often venture out in the dark no scaring the locals for us.
This morning we all set off around 10, there was a little bit of ice on the canal and it was bitterly cold, we are now all moored up at Rugby, park side was full so we are all on the tow path side. I have a trip to Tesco lined up and Paul has to go to Wickes, nothing changes once we are here we spend money.
Paul has been busy while we were at Hillmorton the steps are now varnished with sand on the treads to make them anti slip.
They look okay but another 2 more coats of varnish need to be applied, so I am told.
Not too sure how long we are staying here, I have a trip to Kent ear marked in a couple of weeks so need to be with in easy access of the station.

No comments:
Post a Comment