At the end of yesterdays post I said I couldn't wait to go to the pub (the boathouse) last night, well at one point we couldn't wait to get out. As I mentioned there were 8 of us, Ian and Carmen are the latest editions to join our "happy band" hope we didn't put them off too much. Any way as I was saying, first thing no Pedigree beer the barrel had run out and they had to wait 12 hours for the new one to settle. Now why didn't they stand the next barrel alongside the one in use then they wouldn't have to wait 12 hours for it to settle. Paul and Graham weren't too happy as this is their favourite pint. We have even weaned Graham off of lager onto REAL beer. Next problem we had was, that when Betty and Graham selected their vegetarian curries they were told "there isn't any" now I ask you. We had got to the place by 7.15 there were our table of 8 a table of six and one of 2 you cant tell me everyone had had a vegetarian curry. At this point if it had just been the 6 regulars I think we would have walked out. Still the waitress returned to the kitchen and came back saying they could substitute a spicy Jambalaya for the curry so all okay so far. Paul chose a beef madras and when it turned up it looked like the insides of a meat pie with no hint of madras or spices just a bland goo on a bed of rice n chips. The Jambalaya looked like cat sick in fact Betty was convinced it was the scrapings of left over veg mixed with rice. The other non curry meals were okay 2 beef stews (ah that's where the meat for the madras came from) and a meat pie (maybe it was here). I had ordered a Jalfrezi which arrived just as every one else was half way through their meals was not happy about that I can tell you. Meals finished we all decided to have a pud Paul went really OTT and ordered a Banana and caramel sundae at £3.55 guess what!!!!! no bananas lots of sundae but no bananas. It was at this point that Paul made up his mind never and I mean never to return to this pub again, even if he is dying of thirst. When we ate there New Years eve the food was nice in fact we had high expectations oh how wrong can you be.
Today was the first trip to the dentist, I had a hair appointment so left Paul to his own devices giving him strict instructions to get to the dentist in plenty of time. Well we met up again with me nicely coiffured and Paul looking well normal, no funny lopsided face or blood oozing from an extraction. What have you had done I asked him, bugger all was the reply all the dentist had done was tell him that one of his teeth was past saving and had to come out and then they went through the plan of action for the rest of the treatment. Next appointment is for two weeks time when the treatment will begin in earnest so it looks as if we are going to be stuck in the area for about 2 months.
Don't know what it was like everywhere else but we woke to thick fog what else is there left just thunder and lightening I think.
We had just returned form Daventry when there was a knock on the window and it was Ann with a malt loaf she had made now how kind is that, what a lovely friend you are, that's another 2 inches on the waist line.
Paul also ventured to the sanitary station by Midlands with the cassette and he was gone for ages when he came back he was spitting feathers and got straight on the phone to BW. The Elsan point was literally full to overflowing and there was s*** running everywhere. Someone had put a notice on the door saying the pipes were frozen but the whole thing is blocked up. The BW guy could not believe it, luckily he was in Braunston so was off to check, also couldn't believe that the contractors had been mowing the snow a few days ago. Is this a case of the Right hand not knowing what the Left is doing I wonder.
Any way tomorrow I am doing absolutely nothing all this too-ing and fro-ing is wearing me out.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Thursday, 14 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
comment from Paul My madras curry was a 3 pepper strength my banana sundae ( without bananas I might add) was hotter
Hello Lynne,
Thanks for the lovely warm Boat Cake that we have enjoyed for out tea.
Post a Comment