Well we have been busy doing nothing since Friday. Yesterday the coalman delivered our coal to bridge 90 40 bags of the stuff, so yet again the men were up and down the tow path with their barrows ferrying coal. The canal seems to be thawing but when I walked the dogs to bridge 88 the canal Hillmorton side was still heavily iced over. Bit deceptive really as Braunston is free of ice.
Sunday Keith Ann Paul and I went to The Old Plough for Sunday lunch and very nice it was too couldn't even manage a pudding I was so full.
It was Betty's turn to provide "afternoon tea" yesterday and she gave us warm apple cake which was to die for. This morning the girls went to Rugby I had to go to the bank and do a few other bits Betty and Ann had to hit Asda, when we got back it transpired that the men had gone to the pub. Paul and Graham to have a pint of Pedigree and Keith wanted to avail himself of the WI FI. Poor manager had his ears bent over the terrible curry night we had had and he said we should have complained at the time. Oh yes, would it have done any good I ask myself. When the men went up for a second pint they had run out of Pedigree YET AGAIN. So up they got and walked out much to the consternation of the manager.
Have decided that I will visit the family in Kent at the beginning of February need a bit of family time.
Wonder if we will get the snow tonight.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Tuesday, 19 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Still quite a bit of ice left here at prison bend although a viking afloat charged through this afternoon No other boats moving.
Post a Comment