
When I returned to the boat yesterday afternoon after spending a very pleasurable few hours in Rugby with Betty, Paul told me that the contractors had been past mowing "the snow" I didn't believe him but he had taken this picture.
Well I ask you what is the point of doing this in the snow? It seems a senseless exercise and a total waste of man hours and money. The day before the men had been along cutting the hedges back not a bad thing except for the fact that all the cuttings were left on the tow path and most of these consisted of branches with long thorns just perfect for the dogs to stand on and ideal for puncturing bicycle tyres.
Apparently the couple on the boat behind us had tried to get off of the mooring and this is the resulting mess.


Paul said they tried for about and hour giving their poor engine full revs and in the end they got nowhere. They need to get to Norton junction but as the tunnel closes on Monday I don't think they are going to make it.
At least this morning wasn't quite as cold as yesterday when our kitchen window was completely covered in ice. Paul wandered to the sanitary point while I went to the village on the way back I
took these pictures.
took these pictures. 
There are loads more but the computer is very slow today so perhaps I will have better luck another day. Hope everyone else is fairing okay in these icy conditions.

2 comments:
Hi ya we are still stuck up at prison bend {ten days and counting ] Thinking of starting a new club called T I T S...Trapped In The Snow...Do you think it will catch on..! hope to free ourslves soon Jackie and Tony NB TIMEWARP
Hope you are Okay there, at least you can catch the bus should you need to thats if it is going down that road. Have rung Gosty to see how they are fairing and a couple of days ago they were still at Hawksbury. Seems to be a bit of a thaw here but the ice is 3inches thick in places so will take a while.
Take care
Post a Comment