Yesterday Paul did the trip to March. Enterprise were very good rang and gave us a time of pick up, so Paul went off around 10am. I went to the town to have a good look round all on my own. I managed to get the majority of my Christmas presents only a few more and then I'm done. Needless to say when I surfaced from the shops it was raining good job the canal is near the centre so I didnt get too damp on the way back to the boat. I spent the rest of my day walking the dogs in the rain, doing a few bits and pieces then I had the luxuary of reading my book with
radio on before Paul returned around 4pm.
This morning the sun was shining so we planned our day aiming to get to Aspley and Sainsburys then continue until we had had enough. Oh how the best laid plans and all that. We got to lock 65 (only one after our mooring) and try as I may the lock just would not fill up. There was more water coming out of the gate than there was going in. We emptied the lock to see if there was something jamming the gate but couldnt see anything, so we made a call to BW to report the problem the supervisor said he would get someone to us asap. So we turned the engine off expecting a long wait. Paul went back to the lock armed with the pole and found a large chunk of concrete holding the gate open so after a bit of jiggling (is there such a word) Paul was able to move it enough to allow the gate to close. Lock filled we were on our way again just as we left the lock I met the BW guy coming along the tow path with a weed fork. I couldnt believe it only about half an hour after our call the man was there is that efficient or what. We got to the water point and nb Route 66 was there so we managed to squeeze in to get rid of rubbish and empty toilet while waiting to fill up. Had a nice chat with them then we topped up and once again were on our way. Through the lock and onto the mooring at Sainsbury's by now it was 12.15 I did my shopping (not a good move being Friday) Paul nipped to Hombase and bought a new trolley a bargain at £15 (goodness only knows where we are going to put it good job it folds flat) then it was on again. Time 2pm normally we are moored up by now but we did 2 more locks and are now at Kings Langley will probably stay here the weekend as it seems a good spot.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Friday, 14 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment