FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Wednesday, 12 November 2008

That didnt last long


Yesterday we left Berkhamsted around 10 carrying on towards Hemel the weather was being kind to us just a bit blowy but at least it was dry. After 9 locks and the swing bridge at Winkwell where I had to stop the traffice to open the bridge I was getting tired and Paul was getting cold so we moored up between locks 61 and 62 railway was close by but we are getting used to that now. There were about 4 boats there but I think we were the only ones there just for the evening.

While I was on the lap top Paul decided to give the Play Station a whirl. All I could hear was the sound of gun fire (from the game) and a lot of swearing (from Paul) of course it is the games fault that nothing goes the way Paul wants it too. Then all of a sudden the swearing got really out of control and the controller got thrown on the floor and ended up in bits. So that is the end of that I refuse to buy him yet another controller so the Playstation is to be put in moth balls yet again. Will he never learn.

Today the morning was crisp and dry on consulting the Nicholsons Hemel is only 3 locks away so looks as if it is going to be a short day for us. Paul has to hire a car and go to March to pick up a clock that we left in the repaires there. We rang Enterprise and they are going to pick him up from B&Q car park here and take him to their offices in StAlbans. Trip should only take a few hours so I can explore Hemel while he is away. We managed to find a pet food place near by so dogs have rations for the next month or so.
As we will be here till Friday we will need to stop at Sainsbury's on the way also will need water etc. Must email Heather and Paul and tell them we dont expect to catch them until Paddington we do like to moor up for the weekend just to break the time up and to get a bit of exploring done and to give the dogs a good run. We need some more wood so can go foraging.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tut tut Paul one must not throw one toys out of the pram.