FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Saturday, 12 January 2013

If it’s not one thing……….

After having a few days at Jacks doing a spot of babysitting I came back last Saturday needing a rest, with a 7  and  5 year old running me ragged I was exhausted.

On Sunday we finally got stuck into the shower, It didn't take Paul too long to get the old tiles off although as you can imagine there was quite a lot of mess.

001 

This was the test to see how easy the tiles came off.

006

All gone

004

Just a small amount of rubble.

So after doing this on Monday next thing was the tiling, all was going well until we ran out of adhesive. It certainly didn't cover what it said on the container. So Tuesday morning saw us in Rugby to get some more, we had now got 2 sides completed and part of the third wall, this one had the taps so there was to be a bit of hole cutting, as we were due to have our New Year breakfast get together on Wednesday morning Paul had a bit of a rest as his back was giving him quite a bit of jip.

Wednesday morning Paul wasn't feeling to good so a quick call to the docs and we were on the bus to Rugby earlier then expected. We finally got to Wetherspoons and had a very pleasant few hours not too sure what the other patrons thought of us as we got a bit rowdy when Del got out the camera to take the requisite photos. There we all were covering our faces or turning our backs I am sure everyone thought we were mad well……… perhaps they were right. After it was off to get Pauls prescription and yet more adhesive once back on the boat a little more was done but Thursday we had to go the hospital as Paul had to have a blood test so this tiling was taking a lot longer than anticipated.

Today I had to go into town for a hair cut so I left Paul finishing off the grouting and refitting the shower door and when I got back it was done and very nice it looks too.

007 

 008

With the tiles being lighter it certainly makes the shower look bigger. So the job that was to take 3 days ended up taking 5 but it was unforeseen circumstances that forced the delay. Next job is to tile round the sink and the toilet hopefully we wont have any mishaps to make that a long job.

To top everything that has happened this week I broke a tooth while eating my lunch (it was only toast) so I now have to go into Rugby on Monday to get that sorted I know that bus route blind folded now.

Weather forecast doesn't look to clever for the next week, as long as I get my food delivery on Wednesday it can snow as much as it likes.

3 comments:

Wozie nb Oakfield said...

Hmmm, that's looking good, well done you!

Yvonne said...

the shower looks lovely, better a job done slowly than rushed and botched :-)
cheers
yvonne

Mrs. Jaqueline Biggs said...

Very nice job indeed! Sorry to hear you have both had ailments. Hope you are better soon.
Jaq