Life here in the marina has been pretty slow what will all this white stuff hanging around.
Yesterday saw us on that blooming bus yet again as Paul was due a chest x-ray at the hospital. I had been given a mission of my own. I made sure that Paul had his phone with him as he is apt to leave it on the boat and when I need to call him I cant. We went our separate ways, me to Homebase via another bus and Paul to the hospital on foot. Once in Homebase on my mission to get yet more carpets the only ones I could find weren't of the required colour so on the phone to Paul (and he answered) for his opinion on the colour that was available, purchases made it was back on the bus to town. Just as the bus was pulling in I get a phone call from Keith and Ann who we were meeting in Wetherspoons to say that Paul was already there. Now I didn't give it a thought that Keith had rung and not Paul but once in the pub I found out why, my very miserable looking husband had lost his phone…….. How, where and why he doesn't know but it must be lying in the snow somewhere. So after a pleasant breakfast being joined by Al as well we popped in to the phone shop for yet another phone (the one he lost is only 6 months old and I’m sure he never liked it anyway). The chap was very helpful telling us that we could ring customer services explain the situation and retain the old number which we duly did once back on the boat. Luckily it was a pay as you go and the balance outstanding along with the old number was transferred to the new phone, all this new technology is amazing. So next time Paul goes out with his phone I am going to put it on a chain round his neck (pulled very tightly) so he doesn't loose this one….
Over the past few weeks our two dogs have been struggling to go down the steps into the engine room, think it is a culmination of old age and slippy steps so as already mentioned we bought a couple of mats and Paul fixed them to the steps to make life easier for the two old crocs or should that be 4.
No slipping and sliding now so much better for the 4 and 2 legged crew.
Talking to Ann and Al who both have cast iron casseroles that they use on the fire I went on the Amazon site and bought myself one, half price in a sale so a bit of a result.
Last week a lovely casserole was made and Paul had seconds so what he says about my cooking just isn't true………
We have been taking the dogs up to the village most days today being no exception, when we got back on the boat Paul says to me “ I must have a hole in my pocket” “why’s that “ I says “I've lost my phone” was the reply. Well, you can imagine my reaction to that I started to bend his ear and any thing else I could get hold of only for him to squeak (I had him in a head lock at the time) “I was only joking” ERGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2 comments:
Try one of these, you can get them with clips to clamp onto a pocket or shirt etc.
http://www.krusellcases.com/uk/p_krusell_listing.aspx?f=1562
Loved your blog Lynne, esp the phone, as that reminds me of someone :) ? mentioning no names !!. And loved that pot, just my colour, thanks for the Amazon tip, will have a look, I'm not sure if we have the room atop our stove though, as flue slap bang in the middle, but would love to give it a go. Happy cruising Jacquie
Post a Comment