FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Sunday, 23 September 2012

Hawkesbury.

Today here at Hawkesbury it is WET and tomorrows forecast looks pretty bad so we may have to stay here longer than anticipated. Friday saw us being topped up with fuel both diesel and coal from Callister at least their diesel was a decent price. So we are set up for a while.

Yesterday I needed to go shopping I had checked my bus timetable and the bus to Bedworth was due around 10 so off we set, yes Paul came too, got to the bus stop and they had changed not only the times of the buses but the number as well so here we were in plenty of time for the number 60 bus due at 10.04 and the timetable on the bus stop tells us that the 778 was due at 10.23 Pauls face was a picture so I sent him back to the boat and went off on my own.

We have met up with a few old faces while here and there has been plenty of boats passing by and you can tell we are close to the Oxford canal as the hire boats with their “pirates” have been whizzing through at a rate of knots although on their return journey today they all look decidedly damp.

Paul is busy watching the Grand Prix so that gives me some time to catch up with a few jobs, summer clothes need to be put away and winter ones retrieved from under the bed, Paul doesn't have this problem he wears the same stuff what ever the weather and that blooming “comfort cardi” is still going strong.  It must be the one thing that never shrunk when I washed it, one day I will come across another one and will be able to replace it after all it only has a hole in one elbow and the nice fluffy lining is very patchy but I cant bring myself to separate a man and his “comfort cardi” 

No comments: