FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Saturday, 8 September 2012

Don't you just hate it when…….

Water is in the kettle, tbags in the teapot, cups at the ready and you find that the milk has gone off. Of course I hadn't replaced the UHT milk that I keep as a stand by so there was nothing for it but to walk to Whittington to get more milk. I checked with the Nicholson's and it is only just over a mile along the tow path. After asking our neighbours if they wanted anything I set off with my rucksack, a bottle of water and my earphones in so I could listen to my MP3 player while I walked along. As I was leaving Paul said “ get us a bottle of rum while you are there” I don't think so somehow.

It really didn't take too long to get to bridge 80 where I found nb Relaine moored up quick chat to Reg and it was up to the CO-OP milk, bread and newspapers purchased (no rum) it was back to the boat. I enjoyed my walk wouldn't want to do it in the wet mind, but at least we can have a cup of tea now.

Some of the brasses have been polished today which isn't before time but I knew if I nagged enough they would get done. That would explain why when I got back from my 3 mile round trip Paul was dozing in the chair.

No comments: