We have spent a lovely few days at Market Bosworth even though the weather left a lot to be desired. It is a very pleasant walk from the canal up in to the village and you pass this lovely thatched cottage.
Very chocolate boxy.
Once into the village there are various buildings with these coats of arms.
There is a good range of shops and you can catch the bus to Leicester if you want a day out. Try as I may I never did get a picture of the steam train which was really frustrating as you could hear the whistle blowing as it approached Market Bosworth, I was either too late and I had missed it or it was chucking it down with rain and there was no way I was going to venture out, never mind maybe on the return journey I will have more luck. Yet again we saw a couple of water voles in fact they seemed quite used to humans .
Today we moved on to Shackerstone okay not a great distance but just far enough to get the washing done. In the afternoon we all had a nice walk to explore the area around the canal.
This is our view from the window for tonight.
Shackerstone station.
If we had turned up yesterday we would have seen the trains actually on the move. We also noticed that this coming weekend there is a vintage tractor “do” on so it looks like we may be visiting that.
The village church where most of the headstones are slate.
The pub was shut!!!!!!!!!
Saw this Ann……..
Lovely view from bridge 52.
So, I think tomorrow we are going to the end using the services turning and then mooring up. We will attempt a walk or should I say hike to Measham or maybe even catch the bus. Then it will be back here for the weekend for this tractor do. Just checked the web site and the “do” is at Market Bosworth so guess that's where we will end up. This is the first time we have come right to the end and it is so peaceful with more mooring spots than you would think. As long as you have supplies you could spend ages up here.

2 comments:
So lovely. What a difference a bit of dry weather makes. xxoo
I think I prefer the chocolate box cottage ta! Seems nice up the Ashby, we may have to venture up there sometime. It is a bit shallow in places here on the Worcs+Birmingham. Bw seem to have stopped dredging so much. We have only seen it done in two places during our travels.
Post a Comment