With the weather having been so glorious we have spent a lot of time on the tow path in the sun, although I must admit we have all retired on board between the hours of 12 and 3 as it has just been too darned hot, but hey I am not complaining although the dogs have really been suffering so it has been early morning, late evenings for walks.
I have had a lovely weekend down in Kent with the family and did absolutely nothing so no different from being on the boat really but the company was different ( you thought I was going to say nicer didn't you!!!!). While I was away Paul found a local Chinese so Saturday bought himself a take away and it lasted him for Sunday as well so I had a full fridge when I returned.
Today Betty and I caught the bus and went to Coventry where I bought myself a nice shopping trolley. We then got another bus to Bedworth, but managed to get the slowest bus in the world that went all round the houses, when we eventually got there we called in the huge Tesco and I managed to get enough shopping to fill my new trolley. we got back to find the boys on the tow path with a beer in hand.
Where we are moored has been lovely and quiet we may have to stay here a few more days as we are waiting on a phone call re some work we are having done just hope it is before the weekend so we can move out into the country but saying that the town has been festooned with bunting and apparently there is a lot going on so we may stay and celebrated the jubilee with the locals we could always have a tow path party.

No comments:
Post a Comment