FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Thursday, 17 May 2012

Nice cruising day.

Well I have a nice haircut, picked up the prescriptions although they are still to be dispensed so today we moved. Quite a long day for us 4 hours cruising but it was such a lovely day and we only saw a handful of boats with nothing following us at all.

012

Dadlington church on the horizon.

014

Closer now.

The whole of the journey had the smell of the Rape wafting by and by the looks of the fields it is nearly ready to be harvested.

016

One thing I like about Leicestershire is the way the foot paths are so well marked. At least you can see the posts how ever far away they are.

015

Wish all footpaths were so clearly defined.

Had a bit of a result at Market Bosworth I finally managed to get a picture of the Steam Train and I didn't get wet either.

001

Bought back many happy memories of my holidays to Margate when I was a little girl as we always went by steam train, heaven help you if you looked out of the window as you always got a face full of smuts from the chimney.

Paul finally got round to finishing off the polishing, and as was predicted in previous posts  he found that more filled holes (not welded as instructed ) have collapsed in on themselves. The outer edges are now rusting and Paul has only one solution of how to remedy the situation, which will be to drill out the filler and insert a pop rivet and apply paint. Paul says if this carries on any more with the rest of the holes giving way it will become a colander and I will be able to strain my greens.

008

009

Incompetence or what!!!!!!!!!!

We will soon be off of the Ashby canal and we have had a lovely time, there still lots of nice little mooring spots we have to try out and hopefully when we return one day there will be a few fish for Paul to catch as so far he hasn't caught tiddly squat.

1 comment:

No Direction said...

The paint finish is really bad, it's got more dirt under it than a small allotment.