This morning in the sun I helped Tranquility down the first 5 locks not that they needed my help as at everyone there was a boat coming up, still many hands and all that. I had decided today was going to be rug cleaning day as the warmth would dry the rugs mega fast. I also cleaned the windows (bad move). So while waiting for the rugs to dry I made a loaf and while kneading it to within an inch of its life quite a few boats went past. I then got a text from Betty telling me one of these passing boats had relayed to her that I was making bread and had two dogs one bigger than the other, it was a good job I wasn't doing something I shouldn't have been doing and which boat was the “spy” I don't know.
Not bad for a first attempt and no it isn't a funny shape we just had to have a slice to taste while it was still warm.Around 4 the black clouds rolled in so I got the dogs out quickly before the heavens opened and boy did it come down.
Paul took advantage while it was raining and cleaned the side of the boat down of the accumulated dust.
We have also discovered we have a lodger, think we need to charge him rent.
He was a bit put out when I opened the window as I wrecked his web, didn't take long for a new one to appear though.
Paul as gone off down the pub with the guy off of the boat behind us, now if I asked him to go out in the pouring rain I am sure you can imagine what the response would be………

No comments:
Post a Comment