FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Thursday, 13 May 2010

Hillmorton.

 

Yesterday saw us heading for Daventry to collect the elusive laptop. Louie had put in a new hard drive for us and although the laptop is a Samsung he opted for putting in and Hitachi hard drive which is 250gb as opposed to 160gb on the old one. Hopefully now we have solved the problem but Louie has said that if we still have a problem he will give us a new laptop, cant say fairer than that can you.

Last evening Paul was sat in the cratch chatting to his mate Graham on the phone when a women walking the towpath with her dog let it cock its leg up against our ropes, Paul promptly shouted “hey don't let your dog p**s up my ropes” and she just turned round and smiled. The dog was on a lead so she could have made an effort to drag it away. This morning Paul was in the cratch yet again having a fag this time and the same woman was walking her dog and she let it have a c**p on the tow path did she stop to pick it up, did she hell, and to make matters worse she got on the boat moored in front of us. As you know we have two dogs and we always clean up after ours and it makes my blood boil when people don't especially boaters who should know better, So after much soul searching I am going to start naming and shaming boaters who don't clean up after their dogs this time the boat was called Avon Trader. Now I may be doing them an injustice but the dog was on the lead and was watched by its owner while it went about its business as we all know there is nothing worse than walking dogs mess through the boat on the bottom of your shoes and believe me we have done it.  That is my gripe for the day.

I am pleased to say we  have at last left Braunston and are now at Hillmorton, we needed to use the sanitary point at Braunston but a BW work boat was on it being unloaded of its rubble which was bridge 100 on the South Oxford, so we had to use the facilities at Hillmorton. It took us over an hour to fill up with water here I am sure you could spit faster than these taps, still I was able to get a load of washing done while waiting and we had lunch as well.

I have just returned from the village where I picked up a repeat prescription that had been sent to me from my doctors. This PO is more than happy to accept Poste Restante letters, although it is a walk from the canal it is handy to know.

Our journey today was in lovely sunshine will it stay with us I doubt it.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Good for you re the dog mess! We feel exactly the same as you.
Avon Trader is definitely on the hit list!!
Or do I mean sh*t list?
Do you get the comments we send
you? Not sure
Ange and John xxoo
n/b "Ellen"