Yesterday was a day fraught with bad temper and an awful lot of swearing. It was an early start as Paul had to be at the doctors for 2. What needed doing, well the oven housing had to be sorted, the oven returned to its rightful place and the fridge freezer had to be put back but not before some of the floor tiles had been chipped away. Shelves had to be cut, now the shelves that went above the oven have stainless steel on as a heat protector so these proved difficult to cut one jigsaw blade later they were done. The oven was a real pain as the gas pipe fitting wouldn't tighten this was where the swearing really came into play. After about an hour oven was in the housing checks were made to make sure there were no leaks. Time for the shelving to go back in this was where the real problems started because it was taken out when the oven had been removed so consequently it wouldn't go back in while the oven was in situ, so once again the oven was taken out for about the tenth time. I made Paul stop in plenty of time to allow his blood pressure to return to normal. Off to the docs all okay then back again all in the space of an hour.
Shelving was remade for my crockery cupboard tiles were chipped away and the fridge freezer slotted back in. There is so much more space now I keep thinking what I can find to fill this gap.
This morning it was the turn of the shower, the taps had to be re-sited from their original place as that bulk head is now exposed in the kitchen. As I mentioned the taps had originally been held in place by silicone virtually hanging in the breeze with no back nutting. In their new position Paul has made up copper pipes to the taps held in place by brackets, in Pauls words “ the best he can do in such a restricted space”. Shower door has been turned round, towel radiator removed (any one want one its going begging?) to be replaced by the radiator from the bedroom when the CUT has been done. Then the new walk through bathroom will have 2 radiators, one run off the central heating and one off the engine. Doors are in the process of going back on the cupboards.
Oh yes last evening we walked to Tesco a) to get much needed beers and b) to return the awful steak, I thought Paul had a cheek to take it back considering it was cooked but no, he had to make a point. Well we got some funny looks but we also got our money back. I hid behind a pillar while he was complaining. It was so funny Paul was chatting to the lady like you do and off course had to drop into the conversation that he used to work for Tesco, “oh yes” says the lady “where abouts in the warehouse” a very indignant Paul says “no at head office I was a regional engineer” she wasn't impressed probably thought that by the look of him he did work in the warehouse. When did that suited and booted man that I first knew change into the man that is always in jeans and riggers boots? Mind you I have no room to talk I cant remember the last time I wore a skirt and a decent pair of heeled shoes. Not that these are conducive with walking the locks.
At least the boat is back to some semblance of normality, the china is back in the cupboard the sawdust has been hoovered up and the dogs have a bit more space to lie in. Thank goodness we don’t have to live on the boat while it is being stretched I would go crazy.

No comments:
Post a Comment