We are now at Hilmorton will spend a few days here, until after the bank holiday at least. I have been desperate to get my hairdone for I dont know how long so once we got here I was going to find a hairdressers. I looked on the internet and I found 2 so hopefully I would be able to get an appointment. I set off on the walk to the village which if I remembered rightly was all up hill, so after half an hour and nothing seemed familiar I knew I had gone wrong somewhere. So I decided to take the next turning on the left which lo and behold took me onto the road I was looking for I even found an Aldi walking through the village there was a pub The Red Lion which does Sunday lunches for £4.95 not bad I thought will mention it to Paul when I get back. Also found the Post Office and the Co-Op and yipee a hairdressers made an appointment and returned to the boat the correct way so it only took me 20 mins not the 45 on the way out.
Got to the hairdressers with time to spare it suddenly dawned on me they hadnt asked for a name when I made the appointment still Im sure they couldnt forget the wind swept women from the day before. I was really looking forward to having my hair done nice cut and blow dry. how wrong can you be. I should have realised when I walked in the shop every customer had a blue rinse and has rollers in and they were all of a certain age, alright so I am 60 but I definaetly dont have a blue rinse and I cant remember when I last went to the hairdressers and had rollers put in and then sat under the dryer. I wasnt afforded even that luxury I was gowned up sat down asked what I wanted then my hair was duly cut. No wash no blow dry no nothing. Now dont get me wrong the lady was very nice and she chatted all the time she was cutting my hair and the place was clean and I suppose the best bit was it only cost me £6.50, but my morning of being pampered just didnt materialise obviously they do thing differently in this neck of the woods. On my way back to the boat by yet another route I came upon another pub that has a steak night on a Thursday 2 sirloin or rump for £20 with wine or 2 fillet £25 wine. So on my return to the boat suggested Sunday lunch but cant do that as the Grand Prix is on!!!!!!!!! What about a steak? can't remember the excuse for that one so it looks like egg and chips tonight.
Still onceI had washed my hair it looked ok so all is not lost. Weather is crap again but who cares.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Thursday, 21 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment